Saturday, November 9, 2013

Baby Boy Shower

This week I have been a busy bee working and crafting for my sisters baby shower. I spent the beginning of the week creating tissue paper pom poms and scrap book paper garland. I also used scrapbook paper to create banners. Luckily, scrapbook paper was half off this week at hobby lobby (Score!). I bought a big book of random papers that match the colors she is using in her nursery. My sister was going for a rustic theme, so I used twine for all of the banners and garland. I added 11 pom poms from the ceiling for a cute pop of color. (If you go to any hairdoll party you will always see pom poms--they are a staple with us!)

When it comes to food, I decided to keep it simple. We had mimosas, pinwheels, veggies with dip, hummus, chocolate covered strawberries, and carrot cake cupcakes. On Friday, my mom and I hit up Sams and HEB for all of our food needs! Sams was perfect for champagne, flowers (thanks for the idea Jordan!), yummy pinwheel wraps,strawberries,  and OJ. I decided to buy all the produce at HEB, as I didn't need it in bulk. When we got home from shopping we did all of the baking and prep work. Doing all of this the night before made Saturday morning a breeze.
 Quick picture with the guys before they headed off to golf



 He has my heart :)


 Harper loves her Aunt Cortney!





The main goal of hosting this shower was to make my sister cry...with joy! When she walked in she cried instantly. Mission accomplished! I am so glad to have hosted a shower for my sister and I am so excited to be an Auntie to my sweet nephew, Cameron. I love him already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment